With a full and part-time professional and technical staff, they provide technology training, curriculum development and language coordination assistance, TA / PTL training, and a variety of other programs, services and facilities to support world language study at Rutgers-New Brunswick.
- Two state-of-the-art, multimedia laboratories designed specifically for language study.
- Two high tech classroom facilities to support distance education and online course delivery.
- Administration of the World Languages Institute, a major outreach graduate level program for K-12 world language teachers.
- A library of audio, video and computer materials available for student, faculty and staff use in most of the following languages offered at Rutgers: Akan (Twi), Arabic, Aramaic, Armenian, Bengali, Chinese, English (as a Second Language), French, German, Modern Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malayalam, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Sanskrit, Spanish, Swahili, Turkish, Yoruba.
The Institute is located on the College Avenue Campus on Seminary Place.
- Language Labs: The Rutgers University SAS Language Laboratories provide services, equipment, and facilities for approximately 5,000 foreign language students per academic year on the College Avenue and Douglass campuses. A variety of audio, video and computer materials are available for student, faculty and staff use in Arabic, Armenian, Chinese, English (as a Second Language), French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Swahili.
- Summer courses