Jillian investigates the survival practices of marginalized communities in the Central Valley of California through an eclectic archive of literature, oral histories, and historical documents and ephemera. Their work has been published by the Journal of Homosexuality, Springer, and IGI Global.
- 2019 Off-Campus Dissertation Development Award, School of Graduate Studies, Rutgers University
- 2017-21 Chancellor's Doctoral Incentive Program Scholarship, San Francisco State University
- 2017-19 Excellence Fellowship, School of Arts and Sciences, Rutgers University
- 2016-17 Sally Casanova Pre-doctoral Scholarship, San Francisco State University
- 2015-16 Deborah Tolman Honorary Scholarship, San Francisco State University