MA Alumni Listing
- Research Interests: Race, space, prison abolition, plants, birth and the body; logics of captivity and containment, surveillance and the sensorium, and the roles of midwives and healers of color in abolitionist and decolonial struggles. Anne is a community based doula, herbalist, Reiki practitioner, and vegan caterer passionate about reproductive freedom, healing justice, and plant knowledges.
- Education: Received a B.A. in Communication and Studio Art from the University of Tampa and an M.A. in Communication, with a Certificate in Mediation and Negotiation, from University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.
- Committee: Brittney Cooper, Mary Hawkesworth, and Kyla Schuller
- Post-MA Employment/Education: Anne is the recipient of the Chancellor’s Fellowship from the University of California, Santa Cruz. In Fall 2017 she embarked on the next part of her academic journey as a doctoral student in UCSC’s Feminist Studies and Critical Race and Ethnic Studies programs.
- Thesis/Practicum: Thinking Local, Thinking Global: Race, Policy, & Reproductive Freedom; Practicum Sites: Milwaukee, WI, Brooklyn, NY, Chiang Mai, Thailand, Ramallah, Palestine