Graduate Faculty, Department of Political Science
Affiliated and Graduate Faculty, Department of Women's and Gender Studies
Tel: (848) 932-2971
Office: Civic Square Building, room 549
Home Page: www.jocelyncrowley.com
B.A., Cornell University
M.P.P., Georgetown University
Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- American Social Policy
- Family Policy
- Women and Politics
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2008. Defiant Dads: Fathers' Rights Activists in America. Ithaca, NY: Cornell University Press.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2003. The Politics of Child Support in America. New York: Cambridge University Press.
FEATURED REPORT ON MOTHERS' ORGANZATIONS IN THE UNITED STATES AND WORKPLACE FLEXIBILITY:
Crowley, Jocelyn Elise with Marc Weiner. 2010. “What Mothers Want: Workplace Flexibility in the Twenty-First Century.” Report to the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, New York, New York.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise, Radha Jagannathan, and Galo Falchettore. 2012. "The Effect of Child Support Enforcement on Abortion in the United States." Social Science Quarterly. 93(1): 152-172.
- Alger, Vanessa and Jocelyn Elise Crowley. 2012. “Aspects of Workplace Flexibility and Mothers' Satisfaction with Their Husbands' Contributions to Household Labor.” Sociological Inquiry. 82(1): 78-99.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise and Stephanie Curenton. 2011. “Organizational Social Support and Parenting Challenges among Mothers of Color: The Case of Mocha Moms.” Family Relations. 60(1): 1-14.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2009. “Taking Custody of Motherhood: Fathers’ Rights Activists and the Politics of Parenting.” Women’s Studies Quarterly. 37(3/4): 223-240.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2009. “Conflicted Membership: Women in Fathers’ Rights Groups.” Sociological Inquiry. 79(3): 328-350.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2008. “On the Cusp of a Movement: Identity Work and Social Movement Identification Processes within Fathers’ Rights Groups.” Sociological Spectrum. 28(6): 705-724.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise, Margaret Watson, and Maureen R. Waller. 2008. "Understanding “Power Talk”: Language, Public Policy, and Democracy." Perspectives on Politics. 6(1): 71-88.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2007. "Friend or Foe? Self-Expansion, Stigmatized Groups, and the Researcher-Participant Relationship." Journal of Contemporary Ethnography. 36(6): 603-630.
- Book Review: Creating Gender: The Sexual Politics of Welfare Policy. By Cathy Marie Johnson, Georgia Duerst-Lahti, and Noelle Norton. Boulder, CO: Lynne Rienner Press, 2007, for Politics and Gender. 3(4): 546-548.
- Gano, Gretchen, Jocelyn Elise Crowley, and David Guston. 2007. “‘Shielding’ the Knowledge Transfer Process in Human Service Research.” Journal of Public Administration Research and Theory. 17(1): 39-60.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise, Brian Roff, and Jeneve Lynch. 2007. "Encouraging at Risk, HIV Populations to Respond to Research Surveys: Does a Community Identity Link Help or Hurt?" Health Education and Behavior. 34(1): 55-70.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2006. "Adopting 'Equality Tools' from the Toolboxes of their Predecessors: The Fathers' Rights Movement in the United States." in Fathers' Rights Activism and Law Reform in Comparative Perspective, edited by Richard Collier and Sally Sheldon, pp. 79-100. Oxford: Hart Publications.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2006. "Moving beyond Tokenism: Ratification of the Equal Rights Amendment and the Election of Women to State Legislatures." Social Science Quarterly. 87(3): 519-539.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2006. "Organizational Responses to the Fatherhood Crisis: The Case of Fathers' Rights Groups in the United States." Marriage and Family Review. 39(1/2): 99-120; Reprinted in Families and Social Policy: National and International Perspectives, edited by Linda Haas and Steven K. Wisensale. 2006. New York: Haworth Press.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2004. "When Tokens Matter." Legislative Studies Quarterly. 29(1):109-136.
- Spry, John A. and Jocelyn Elise Crowley. 2004. "Assessing the Implications of Monopoly Toll Road Service Areas." Eastern Economic Journal. 30(3):381-398.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2003. "The Gentrification of Child Support Enforcement Services, 1950-1984." Social Service Review. 77(4):585-604.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2002. "The Rise and Fall of Court Prerogatives in Paternity Establishment." Justice System Journal 23(3):363-376.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise and Theda Skocpol. 2001. "The Rush to Organize: Explaining Associational Formation in the United States, 1860s-1920s." American Journal of Political Science. 45(4):813-829.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2001. "Who Institutionalizes Institutions? The Case of Paternity Establishment in the United States." Social Science Quarterly. 82(2): 312-328.
- Crowley, Jocelyn Elise. 2000. "Supervised Devolution: The Case of Child Support Enforcement." Publius: The Journal of Federalism. 30(1/2):99
- Public Policy Formation 34:833:510:02 (Fall 2010)
- The Social Policy Process 34:833:585:01 (Fall 2010)
- Methods II 34:833:530:01 (Spring 2008)
- Gender, the Family and Public Policy 34:833:591:01 (Spring 2011)
- Senior Seminar (762:794) (Spring 2010)
- Principles of Public Policy (Spring 2010)
- Gender, the Family, and Public Policy 762:335 (Spring 2011)
- Balancing Work and Family: What do Mothers Want?-Byrne Seminar (01:090:101:59) (Spring 2011)